Saturday, July 25, 2009

Loving Life

Two weeks in and I've resolved myself to the fact that I love it here. I'm still trying to find the words as to why, but what I know is that I do in fact love it here.

Work is going well. I'm learning alot and definitely experiencing more diversity than ever before. My team currently consists 2 Aussies, a Brit, a New Zealander, an Indonesian, and a girl from Singapore. It's just crazy - but amazing. It's interesting to hear all of their experiences and to hear their ideas about Americans. One of them told me this week that I don't say "fantastic" as much as he would have expected, since I'm from America. Another one asked me if the high school experiences in the movies is real - where the football players wear their letter jackets and jerseys and there are geeks and popular girls, etc. I have a hard time believing that's not a high school reality in most places of the world, but maybe I'm just being ethno-centric in my thinking.

Yesterday, a few of us went to Bondi Beach, which is one of the main surfing beaches here. Actually, in a couple of weeks, there is a 14km run that goes from the city to the beach called "City to Surf". A few of my new friends here are running it. Anyway, Bondi is basically heaven. There were guys surfing and it was only about 50-55 degrees. There are huge rocks and cliffs near the beach where the waves were crashing and making amazing sites. I've added some pictures for your viewing pleasure. I also have posted a pic from the whale watching adventures.

Seriously, this place is amazing. It's really too bad it's on the other side of the world from the US. I never in a million years thought that I would ever consider relocating to a foreign country for a time. However, this experience so far may be changing that. At PwC, there are opportunities all the time to do 2 year tours all over the world. In fact, I've met some pretty cool people here from America on a 2 year bit. I know the grass is always greener on the other side, but seriously.......this (here or in some other random place) could be my reality. Crazy!
The first two pictures below are from the whale excursion. The last three are from Bondi. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment