Sunday, July 5, 2009

4 Days and Counting...

Well, I've managed to procrastinate on just about everything left to do for this trip....including updating this blog. This procrastination also includes packing - maybe the most essential task after finding the house/pet sitter - of which I have done very little. The one part of this packing fiasco (or soon to be) that has been accomplished is laundry. I guess you gotta start somewhere.

I leave in less than 100 hours. CRAZY! The goodbyes started today - a trip to Indy to say "See you in 4 months!" to the 'rents, the sister, the college roommates and their respective babies. I left the teary eyes to my mother, but I'm sure at some point they will begin to mist.

I have received my address in Sydney, which is in the Kings Street Wharf area, approximately 1 block from Darling Harbour. I am not quite sure what this all means yet, but the fact that the words "wharf" and "harbour" are in my immediate residential future is a very encouraging sign.

So, at this point, the only real thing left to do is pack. It'll be interesting to see exactly how much stuff one can fit in 2 large suitcases and a carry-on. Oh, and there is the continuation of the "See you later's!" And let us not forget the oh so necessary hair appointment and massage. :)

It is likely that my next post will be from the other side of the world. I'm really looking forward to what the next 4 months hold for me. And I am really excited to have you share it with me. A very dear and wise friend of mine helped me explain my anxieties about this trip best. She said, "You're just going to experience so much and you want those you love to experience it with you." This is a very true statement, so I will try to hold up my end of that bargain if you will too.

SYDNEY OR BUST!

1 comment:

  1. Did those herbal suppliments work for the jet leg? If so what were they I need to get them for our trip to Greece and Italy. Have fun, I look forward to reading about your adventures! Have fun be safe!

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete