Friday, August 7, 2009

A Long 2 Weeks

Ok, ok, ok. I realize it's been 2 weeks since my last post. I'm sorry. The truth of the matter is this whole work thing has really begun to cramp my style. (Just kidding) Seriously though, the last two weeks have involved many long nights, which is my excuse for not updating this blog sooner.


The good news is that you haven't missed much! Last weekend, a group of us had some surfing lessons at Manly Beach. (See photo below....this was before the waves and salt water had gotten to us.) It was "heaps" of fun, although very hard work. I managed to get up on the board a few times, which was super exciting. The truth of the matter is, however, I might be more a beach bum/body boarder than a surfer. The moral of the story is that a good time was had by all and we all survived without much injury.




We also went last weekend to an AFL footy game. This game seems to be similar to rugby (which is moderately similar to US football), but it is played on a round field, no one wears any protective gear, and there are 4 goal posts instead of 2. It was a very exciting game, as the Sydney Swans nearly beat the St. Kilda Saints. It came down to the last seconds of the game.



This weekend is already off to a much more low key start. Last night involved an amazing dinner of mussels and beef at the Belgian Beer Cafe. I found myself coming in early (and by early, we mean 12:30) to head to bed.



I am currently at work, spending a few hours trying to get this job to a point where my team doesn't have to think too hard to wrap it up, and then it's off to prepare for an evening of cooking and eating. Tomorrow is the City 2 Surf race, and as would only be appropriate the night before an 8.7 mile run, we are carbo loading. It should be a nice time to just hang out and enjoy each other's company.



In other news, it was announced yesterday that when I return home, I will have a new title at work - Manager. This is an exciting next step in my career. I'm certain it won't come without many challenges, but if we're not continuing to learn and be challenged, we're probably not maximizing our potential.



On that note, I must get some work done. Hope you are all well, and I'm sure you'll hear more from me soon.

1 comment: