Thursday, August 13, 2009

City 2 Surf

Hello all! Last weekend was the long awaited City 2 Surf 14k race. I feel quite accomplished. My official time was 108:24. I was aiming for finishing in under 2 hours, so I was quite pleased with this time. I toted my camera along the way and, admittedly, if I hadn't stopped to take so many photos, I might have come in under 90 minutes. Here's a shot from the route. If this could be my running scenery everyday, I might actually take up running for real.



The race had over 75k participants - the largest timed road race in the world. The first people to cross the finish line were done before I even started running. It takes quite a while to get 75k people organized across a single line. The start was a pretty incredible site.



There were over 500 PwC people who participated in the run from all across Australia. Every now and then I would see someone sporting a PwC jersey along the way. Sad to say, I registered too late to get a jersey of my own.

The run started in the middle of Sydney's CBD and went out to one of the beaches - Bondi. After the race, Uncle Price was nice enough to throw a party for those of us who had participated. Great fun was had by all, and the fun continued well into the afternoon and evening.

From left to right - Lisa (UK), Sam (UK), Jonathan (NYC), Me, Karalee (Chicago) and Henriette (Amsterdam) - after the run, enjoying the beach.

The official after party - Kristen (NYC), Tracy (Toronto), Karalee (Chicago), Me
This weekend promises to continue the Aussie fun. I'm having a great time and still sometimes can't believe I'm here. Hope you all are well and I look forward to the next set of stories I have to share with you!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment