Thursday, October 29, 2009

The End of an Era....

These were the words spoken by a fabulous new friend of mine in respect to my departure of this great continent in only a couple short days.

Since my last post, I have continued my travels around the south and eastern coasts of Australia, making another stop in Melbourne before hitting the great ocean road. For pics, refer to http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2039417&id=1054940637&l=0b68f28446.

To be honest, 10 days by myself was all I could handle. I actually cut my travelling short by a day to return to Sydney to be back amongst people again. It was a fabulous trip and great time, but anything worth doing is worth doing it with someone.

Tonight, a few friends and I head out for an almost final time to have dinner, drinks, and take in the Michael Jackson "This Is It" movie. Perfect evening, I reckon. And tomorrow is the final farewell to this city I've come to love passionately. I fly out to Cape Town, South Africa on Saturday morning at 10:15am. (Sam Welch and Tony Corbin, if you're reading this, it means that Friday night must be a tame one.....I have an early flight!)

This time in Australia has been completely incredible and something that I will never forget. The lessons learned here have been many and varied and in order to keep this rated G, if you want to know what the lessons were, let's chat offline. Just kidding, but in all seriousness, my perspectives have been broaden beyond belief, as has my network. This will not be the last time I'm in Australia, I can guarantee that (unless something unfortunate happens to me in the next year). However, it is, as Sam put it, the end of an era. As Kristen has said, life will never be like this again.

So, my next post will (hopefully) come from South Africa, assuming I have internet access. Our group going to South Africa will be keeping a more detailed and focused blog that you should take a gander at if you're interested. There is a link to it on the left navigation bar.

Until I reach another continent......

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment