Monday, June 1, 2009

39 Days and Counting!

Welcome to my blog! I hope you will choose to follow me as I travel around the world in 120 days. This adventure is made possible by Uncle Price - my endearing term for my employer. He has given me the "opportunity" to perform my mad auditing skills in Sydney, Australia. While in the world of public accounting, the word "opportunity" generally has a less than desirable connotation, this is Uncle Price's way to prove us all wrong.

I will be in Sydney for 3 months. For all you math gurus (and fellow auditors), I realize that 3 months is approximately 90 days - not 120. However, at the end of my work assignment, I will spend 2 weeks travelling to destinations yet to be determined (suggestions welcome) and then meeting some of my dearest friends in Cape Town, South Africa for 2 weeks of loving people and experiencing this world.

So, at this point, I'm less than 40 days from departure. Today, my visa was approved, which means I can now officially move forward with my travel plans. Additionally, I got some hopeful news from some great friends with regards to who will be taking care of my life here in the states (e.g. my dog, 2 cats, house, and 1/2 acre yard) while I'm gallivanting. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the offer on their house turns into a closing - for their sake and mine!

Until there is more to tell you about.....cheers.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing this--what a great idea!! I will live an exciting, travel-filled life vicariously through you : ) Should find out this morning regarding the offer.....

    ReplyDelete